IKARA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA
This Local Government consists of districts namely:
- Ikara district
- Paki district
- Kurmin Kogi
It has six(6) department which are as follows:
- Personnel Department
- Finance & Supply Department
- Works Department
- Agricultural Department
- Health Department
- Education Department
This Local Government depends mainly on farming and cattle reading.
The commercials activities in the local Government consist of farm products. Below is the list of their main markets.
- Ikara central market/market stalls
- Ikara Tomatoes
There are twelve Secondary Schools in this Local Government namely:-
- Government science secondary school ,Ikara
- Government Day Secondary School ,Ikara
- Government Vocational Training School ,Ikara
- Government Day Secondary School ,Pala
- Government Day Secondary School ,Auchan
- Government Day Secondary School ,Paki
There is Bank at Ikara and Lead way Assurance is the other financial institution in Ikara LGA
- a) Federal Statutory allocation which is received on a monthly basis.
- b) Internally generated revenues from markets, taxable adults and motor parks.
- a) Rural Electrification Board(REB)
- b) NIPOST
- c) NPC
- d) NITEL
There is no distinct geographical features in the LGA The LGA has borders with Makarfi Local Government in the west, Soba in the south, Tudun Wada in Kano State in the North.Kubau by the South
Ikara , Which is a major town is the headquarters
There are five comprehensive health centers and forty four Health Clinics located in the following Area .
- Comprehensive Health Centre, Ikara
- Comprehensive Health Centre, Paki
- Comprehensive Health Centre Auchan
There are Health Clinics under Ikara LGs with four Health Centers located in Ikara itself.
The Local Government was created in 1976 from the defunct Zaria Province. The first Chairman.
Ikara food Processing Company (Tomato)
The Local Government has three courts at the headquarters, Ikara, namely:
- Magistrate court
- Upper Sharia court
- Sharia court
- a) Precious stone
- b) Limestone deposits.
Islam is the dominant religion
The numerous schools and tertiary institutions provide play grounds for sports and recreational activities in L.G.A.
Road Construction received attention during the period of Governor Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi
Roads are enumerated below:
- Ikara –Tashaen Yari Road
- Ikara –Panbeguwa Road
- Anchau –Kudaru Road
- Paki Kwanan Dangora Road
- Anchau- Banki- Wagaho Road
- Ikara –Tudun Wada of Kano State Road
- Kurmin Kogi-Yan Marmara Road
- Ikara –Zaria Road
- Ikara –Furana-Dan Lawal
There are two of them namely
- School of Health Technology, Pambeguwa )Shift to Kubau
- Co-operative Institute Ikara
The following areas are administered by Districts Heads. Are:
- Ikara District
- Kurmin Kogi
- Paki District
- Pala District
The LGA is inundated with some rocks and Kogi waterfalls.
Towns and Villages
Ikara, Malikachi, Furana, Danlawan, Kurmin Kogi, Janfalan, Auchan, Paki, Pala
The Ikara water dam